31 outubro 2010

Somewhere, some night...

“Your Majesty, thou shall wake up hurrily... Your Majesty!”
“What..?”
“Your Majesty, I am terribly sorry for being as irritating as a woodpecker carving its nest, but ye must raise your body! Something awful happened and Counselor Whittingham is waiting for ye!”
“I was having a sweet dream, so it better be important.”
“I beg ye to rush... here is your robe, Your Majesty.”
“Where is William? Give me my slippers; this floor is freezing my feet just like the caress of Death.”
“Counselor is waiting for Your Majesty at the entrance of the chamber. Here they are, let me put them on for ye.”
“I appreciate your kindness, ancient Clarisse. Ye should stay here.”
“As ye wish, my sire.”
Clarisse stands still, the king crosses the door.

“Milord!”
“What’s happening, William? Why are we speaking at this time of night? It's time for demons to wander and conspire, not kings.”
“I beg thy pardon, but thy vigil shall not be in vain. The Duke of Wallerstein has stood up against Your Majesty's troops, and an envoy hath just arrived from the battle, claiming reinforcements. I took the liberty of congregating all thy knights. They're waiting for thee.”
“That man could be nothing but a rascal. We shall go.”
The steps from the Counselor’s wooden heel echo through the corridor.
“Your Majesty, I have some issues which should be brought up before the meeting.”
“Thou shall release thy thoughts, loyal William.”
“Richard Durkan’s army was the most affected by the struggle. It would seem sensible if thou giveth him some kind of compensation.”
“Indeed.”
“And Mark Lunn is there. Your Majesty must remember that he was the closest man to Wallerstein. Therefore, I recommend that we should keep an eye on him.”
“Obviously” they reach a closed door “Anything else?”
“Last but not least – I assure you... Here in these papers lie some radical changes that I propose for the strategy of the battle. They are the content of this sheet.”
“I will examine them carefully, then.”
“Good luck, my sire.”
“Luck serves only weak people.”
The king opens the door and enters.

Nenhum comentário: